Travel & Lodging
If at any time you have questions about travel, lodging, or other arrangements, don't hesitate to contact us:
- Genevieve: firstname.lastname@example.org, 908 507 3783
- Mike: email@example.com, 415 828 6502
There are three convenient airports in the Bay Area:
- San Francisco Airport (SFO): a large international airport, about 1.5 hours drive from the wedding site
- Oakland Airport (OAK): a small international airport, about 1.5 hours from the wedding site
- Sonoma Airport (STS): a small regional airport about 30 minutes from the wedding site
SFO is your best bet, with the most flights going in and out on a daily basis, but feel free to hunt around for deals at the other area airports. You'll likely need to rent a car - there are buses that go from the airports to Sonoma, but you'll need rides to the various festivities. We're happy to connect you with others if you're looking for rental car companions. We recommend using Kayak.com to search for the best airfares and car rental rates.
If you'd like to take a bus to Sonoma, you can get a Sonoma County Airport Express bus at SFO or Oakland, and it will take you to the Doubletree Hotel Rohnert Park stop, about a 15 minute drive from Sebastopol. It will cost $34 ($32 for seniors, you lucky ducks).
We plan to have shuttle buses going from the hotels to the wedding on Saturday the 9th.
Sonoma hotels in the summer fill up fast, so it's best to book as early as you can. There are multiple options for accommodations:
- There are two large hotels in Sebastopol, about 20 minutes from the venue. We have a block of rooms at both hotels, but the are filling up quickly!
- Both VRBO or Craigslist have houses of various sizes available within 20 minutes of the venue - we've listed some below for you. Availability changes quickly, though, so feel free to hunt around on your own. Smaller properties (i.e. sleeping 4-8) can also be found on AirBnb.
- There are many additional small hotels in the towns of Bodega, Occidental, and Tomales. If guests cluster in one area, we'll plan on including those hotels in our wedding day shuttle routes.
1. Sebastopol hotels
The Fairfield Inn & Suites is a large hotel associated with the Marriott chain. We have an open block of rooms, which means discounted rates when you book under the Brennan-Gaworecki wedding. By the end of May the hotel expects to be completely booked up, so please make your reservations early. You can cancel up to 48 hours before your stay, so even if you aren't completely sure you'd like to stay here, we'd recommend making your reservation.
The Sebastopol Inn is a smaller, locally-owned hotel. We have a block of rooms, but again, we do expect it to get full. The advantage of this hotel over the Fairfield is that it is right by the center of Sebastopol and the delightful Barlow complex where you can taste gin at our friends' distillery, Spirit Works! Cancellation policy is 72 hours before.
Both hotels have outdoor pools, hot tubs, 2-night minimums for a Saturday stay, and all the usual amenities. The Fairfield also has a fitness center and a complimentary continental breakfast.
1101 Gravenstein Hwy, Sebastopol, CA 95472
Phone: 707-829-6677 (use the local number, and not the 800 number that shows up in Google)
- King room, $115 weekday, 214 weekend
- Two queens, $123 weekday, 222 weekend
- Studio suite, $132 weekday, 231 weekend
6751 Sebastopol Ave, Sebastopol, CA 95472
- Standard double queens, 229 weekend
- 10% discount if we fill the block
2. Property rentals
We can't guarantee the availability of any of the homes below, but all were open as of early Spring.
- For up to 19 people: this Valley Ford "Tuscan Estate" which looks a little bit ridiculous, a little bit lovely.
- For up to 18 people: this vineyard estate, which looks swank but is affordable if you fill 'er up.
- For up to 18 people: Chanslor Ranch, a working horse ranch on the coast with expansive grounds and views.
- For up to 14 people: Full House Farm is a house/cottage/fancy trailer hybrid in a scenic setting.
- For up to 14 people: this house is on 1.5 acres in the hills and has a hot tub. 20 mins to the venue.
- For up to 12 people: this house on the Russian River doesn't seem to have the one-week minimum stay that all the other river properties have, so snap it up if you want to get some river time in!
- For up to 12 people: this fancy villa is a 25 minute drive from Valley Ford and looks gorgeous
- For up to 12 people: this house is stunning and luxurious (read: pricey)
- For up to 12 people: this property on Dillon Beach is lovely and cozy, and a 20 minute drive from Valley Ford
- For up to 12 people: this house has a bocce court...
- For up to 5 people: this Sebastopol home is stately and gorgeous, and the owner has been very kind over email.
- For up to 8 people: Swallow Valley Farm, very close to the Valley Ford hotel.
3. Other options
- The Sonoma Coast Villa and Spa is on the pricier side (rooms start at $260) but it's a 5 minute drive from the Valley Ford Hotel, and close to both the coast and wine country.
- The Inn at Occidental is a homey but upscale option with 18 rooms a short drive north of Valley Ford.
- The Continental Inn has 9 rooms just south of Valley Ford, in the tiny town of Tomales (hint: proximity to excellent oysters!).
- The Bodega Bay Lodge is only 15 minutes from Valley Ford and is right on the coast for those who want that Pacific air.
- Camping: if you're interested in camping in the area, let us know - we have a few favorite spots nearby, including a state park redwood grove and a local farm.